Wrestling

ring
Lonzo
October 15, 2020 - 1:16 pm
Mourning a 'New Day'
Read More
FILE - In this Friday, Oct. 4, 2019, file photo, Nyla Rose, from left, Chris Jericho, Brandi Rhodes, Jon Moxley, Awesome Kong and Jungle Boy attend New York Comic Con to promote TNT's "All Elite Wrestling: Dynamite," at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center, in New York. All Elite Wrestling is set to celebrate its one-year anniversary with a show from Daily’s Place in Jacksonville, Fla., on Wednesday, Oct. 14, 2020. (Photo by Charles Sykes/Invision/AP, File)
AP
October 14, 2020 - 2:15 am
Cody Rhodes s tood bloodied atop a 20-foot high steel cage, steadied his nerves and attempted a foolhardy moonsault -- in laymen terms, a backflip splash -- onto his waiting opponent. The move, in a way, symbolized Rhodes’ gamble to help create a professional wrestling company that, with some risk...
Read More
FILE - In this Oct. 30, 2010, file photo, World Wrestling Entertainment chairman Vince McMahon raises his arm in the air to the audience during a fan appreciation event in Hartford, Conn. A federal appeals court on Wednesday, Sept. 9, 2020, dismissed a lawsuit filed by 50 former professional wrestlers, who claimed WWE failed to protect them from repeated head trauma including concussions that led to long-term brain damage. (AP Photo/Jessica Hill, File)
September 09, 2020 - 12:59 pm
A federal appeals court dismissed a lawsuit Wednesday that had been filed by 50 former pro wrestlers, many of them stars in the 1980s and 1990s, who claimed World Wrestling Entertainment failed to protect them from repeated head injuries, including concussions that led to long-term brain damage...
Read More
Jordan Cohn
August 06, 2020 - 1:38 pm
Former wrestling star Marty Jannetty, who is perhaps best known for his time in “The Rockers” with Shawn Michaels, is being investigated after he wrote a Facebook post about the first time he “made a man disappear.”
Read More
FILE - Dwayne Johnson attends the premiere of "Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw" on July 13, 2019, in Los Angeles. Johnson said he has acquired the XFL. The 48-year-old actor made the announcement on Twitter. Reportedly the price is $15 million. The XFL had eight franchises and played five games out of a planned 10-game schedule before canceling the remainder of its season in March because of the COVID-19 pandemic. (Photo by Richard Shotwell/Invision/AP, File)
August 03, 2020 - 7:52 pm
Former wrestling star Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson said he has acquired the XFL. The 48-year-old Johnson made the announcement Monday on Twitter. The price reportedly is $15 million. The XFL had eight franchises and played five games out of a planned 10-game schedule before canceling the remainder of...
Read More
Photo credit FILE - Dwayne Johnson attends the premiere of "Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw" on July 13, 2019, in Los Angeles. Johnson said he has acquired the XFL. The 48-year-old actor made the announcement on Twitter. Reportedly the price is $15 million. The XFL had eight franchises and played five games out of a planned 10-game schedule before canceling the remainder of its season in March because of the COVID-19 pandemic. (Photo by Richard Shotwell/Invision/AP, File)
August 03, 2020 - 7:52 pm
Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson acquires XFL …
Read More
Photo credit FILE - In this July 30, 1932, file photo, doves are released during the opening ceremony for the Tenth Olympiad at Los Angeles. The athletes of various countries are shown on the field while the Olympic beacon and the entrance to the stadium is shown in the background. (AP Photo/File)
July 30, 2020 - 2:28 pm
Los Angeles’ first Olympics set template for future Games…
Read More
Photo credit (Photo by Ethan Miller/Getty Images)
Andrew Limberg
May 20, 2020 - 11:33 am
Former WWE Wrestler Chad Gaspard Found Dead On LA Beach… Gaspard told lifeguards to save his son first
Read More
May 13, 2020 - 6:29 pm
HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) — Lawyers for XFL owner Vince McMahon argued in court filings Wednesday that the wrestling magnet was justified in firing league CEO Oliver Luck last month just before the football operation shut down. Luck filed a federal lawsuit last month over his April 9 termination,...
Read More
Associated Press
April 14, 2020 - 6:21 pm
CINCINNATI (AP) — The University of Cincinnati eliminated its men's soccer program Tuesday as other colleges weighed cutbacks because of budget problems resulting from the coronavirus pandemic. College are grappling with revenue losses from spring sports cancellations, including the lucrative NCAA...
Read More

Pages